The Resuscitation Group is pleased to offer ENA’s TNCC Course. This course taught by qualified emergency nurses, delivers the knowledge, critical thinking skills and hands-on training needed to keep trauma patients safe. The overall course objective is to improve trauma patient outcomes by providing nurses with foundational trauma knowledge, skills, and a systematic Trauma Nursing Process to guide trauma patient care.
After taking TNCC, nurses will be able to systematically assess the trauma patient, to intervene and/or assist with interventions, and to provide evidence-based trauma nursing care within the context of a trauma team.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and application of care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
The TNCC course offers a variety of learning methodologies are included to cater to every learning style, including:
- Online modules
- Live simulation
- Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations
Textbook: The latest edition of the TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider Manual includes evidence-based content developed by trauma emergency experts. The 24-chapter, comprehensive manual is a compilation of current trauma nursing standards and a valuable resource for future reference.
Online learning: Online modules with links to additional information are provided prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn and receive immediate feedback, and refer back to information at any time. The modules are a complete case study process — taking you through an entire sequence of care.
Live simulation: TNCC includes hands-on training using both an individual and team approach. Trauma nursing process psychomotor skills stations offer you the opportunity to practice trauma patient assessments and interventions in a controlled environment.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skill stations: TNCC is a two-day intensive course taught by expert instructors.
This program offers
- Evidence-based content developed by trauma nursing experts
- Curriculum designed specifically for nurses
- Course education is updated regularly as trauma care evolves
- 4-year, internationally recognized verification as a TNCC provider is earned upon successful completion
- Increase your confidence in trauma patient care
- TNCC courses available year-round at locations conveniently located near you
- Earn 17.65 contact hours of CNE
- Participants must be an RN and possess a current unrestricted nursing license to receive verification
- LPNs and paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course except for the written and psychomotor evaluations. For this reason, they do not receive verification, but are awarded contact hours
TNCC Trauma Nursing Core Course Provider Manual is required for the course and is available through your Nursing Educator or the TNCC course director.